Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
- Cardiothoracic Surgeon
- General Surgeon
- Jacksonville, FL
Areas of focus:
Robotic lobectomy, Tracheobronchoplasty, Thymectomy, VATS, Lung transplant, Lung volume reduction surgery, Lung cancer
Mayo Clinic doctors and scientists study new uses and techniques to improve the quality and safety of surgical procedures, such as video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery.
See a list of publications about video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
View all physicians • Minnesota
Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS) care at Mayo Clinic
Nov. 16, 2022
- AskMayoExpert. Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS) lobectomy. Mayo Clinic; 2021.
- Thoracoscopy and video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery. Merck Manual Professional Version. https://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/pulmonary-disorders/diagnostic-and-therapeutic-pulmonary-procedures/thoracoscopy-and-video-assisted-thoracoscopic-surgery. Accessed Aug. 25, 2022.
- Demmy T, et al. Overview of minimally invasive thoracic surgery. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Aug. 25, 2022.
- Joshi V, et al. Video-assisted thoracoscopic anterior vertebral body tethering for the correction of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis of the spine. Surgical Technique. 2018; doi:10.1093/ejcts/ezy200.
- Baqir M (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic. Sept. 19, 2022.
- Nguyen HT. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic. Sept. 20, 2022.
Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS)