It can take several weeks for you to see significant improvement in your urinary symptoms. That's because your body needs time to break down and absorb prostate tissue that has been destroyed. It can take a few months for some men to notice significant improvement.
Oct. 25, 2016
- Cunningham GR, et al. Transurethral procedures for treating benign prostatic hyperplasia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 11, 2016.
- Wein AJ, et al., eds. Minimally invasive and endoscopic management of benign prostatic hyperplasia. In: Campbell-Walsh Urology. 11th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 11, 2016.
- Mandeville J, et al. Surgical management of male voiding dysfunction. Surgical Clinics of North America. 2016;96:491.
- Hollingsworth JM, et al. Lower urinary tract symptoms in men. BMJ. 2014;349:g4474.
- Care following transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP). Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
Transurethral needle ablation (TUNA)