Oct. 20, 2015
Below are current clinical trials.1 studies in Stroke telemedicine (telestroke)
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
The purpose of this study is comparing physician empathy, as perceived by the patient, during acute stroke consultation among patients seen remotely by telemedicine consult to those who received an in-person consult.
- Rubin MN, et al. The use of telemedicine in the management of acute stroke. Neurosurgery Focus. 2014;36:E4.
- Zhai Y, et al. Efficacy of telemedicine for thrombolytic therapy in acute ischemic stroke: A meta-analysis. Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare. 2015;21:123.
- Quality check. The Joint Commission. http://www.qualitycheck.org/consumer/searchResults.aspx?zip=&dist=-1&idx=0&s=-1&st=&st_nm=-1&careId=&careGrpId=&provId=&provGrpId=&settingId=&populationId=&nm=Mayo+Clinic&cty_id=-1&cty_nm=&provIdtracker=&provGrpIdtracker=&careIdtracker=&careGrpIdtracker=&DecisionType=. Accessed Aug. 9, 2015.
- Riggin EA. Enterprise Performance Management system. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 10, 2015.
- Huddleston P, et al. Stroke care using a hub and spoke model with telemedicine. Critical Care Nursing Clinics of North America. 2014;26:469.
- Stroke: Hope through research. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/stroke/detail_stroke.htm. Accessed Aug. 10, 2015.
- Demaerschalk BM, et al. Stroke telemedicine. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2009;84:53.
- Demaerschalk BM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 20, 2015.
- Barrett KM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Fla. Aug. 31, 2015.
- Brown RD (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 31, 2015.