The stool DNA test is safe and poses no risks.
Nov. 16, 2017
- AskMayoExpert. Cologuard (stool DNA) test. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2017.
- Sweetser S, et al. Multi-target stool DNA test: Is the future here? Current Gastroenterology Reports. 2016;18:30.
- Bibbins-Domingo K, et al. Screening for colorectal cancer: US Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement. JAMA. 2016;23:2564.
- Cologuard. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/devicesatfda/index.cfm?db=pma&id=320556. Accessed Aug. 30, 2017.
- Cotter TG, et al. Long-term follow-up of patients having false-positive multitarget stool DNA tests after negative screening colonoscopy: The LONG-HAUL cohort study. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention. 2017;26:614.
- Ahlquist DA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 31, 2017.