Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Estimate your cost using Mayo Clinic's online estimator tool
Explore Mayo Clinic studies of tests and procedures to help prevent, detect, treat or manage conditions.
Feb. 06, 2021
- Scovell S. Liquid, foam, and glue sclerotherapy techniques for the treatment of lower extremity veins. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Feb. 2, 2021.
- AskMayoExpert. Varicose veins (adult). Mayo Clinic; 2018.
- Varicose veins and spider veins. National Women's Health Information Center. https://www.womenshealth.gov/a-z-topics/varicose-veins-and-spider-veins. Accessed Feb. 2, 2021.
- Sclerotherapy of varicose veins and spider veins. Radiological Society of North America. https://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=sclerotherapy. Accessed Feb. 2, 2021.
- Kang S, et al., eds. Treatment of varicose veins and telangiectatic lower-extremity vessels. In: Fitzpatrick's Dermatology. 9th ed. McGraw Hill; 2019. https://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com. Accessed Feb. 2, 2021.
Products & Services