Infant jaundice, a yellowing of the skin and eyes, is common after birth. Careful monitoring and treatment is important for preventing rare, but serious, complications.
Aug. 09, 2017
- Bolognia JL, et al. Photodynamic therapy. In: Dermatology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier Limited; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 9, 2017.
- Photodynamic therapy for cancer. National Cancer Institute. https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/types/surgery/photodynamic-fact-sheet. Accessed Jan. 9, 2017.
- Anderson CD, et al. Treatment options for locally advanced cholangiocarcinoma. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 30, 2017.
- Morgan D. Early gastric cancer: Treatment, natural history and prognosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 30, 2017.
- Yoon I, et al. Advance in photosensitizers and light delivery for photodynamic therapy. Clinical Endoscopy. 2013;46:7.
- Wolfsen HC, et al. Salvage photodynamic therapy for persistent esophageal cancer after chemoradiation therapy. Photodiagnosis & Photodynamic Therapy. 2006;3:11.
- Qumseya BJ, et al. Photodynamic therapy for Barrett's esophagus and esophageal carcinoma. Clinical Endoscopy. 2013;46:30.
- Wolfsen HC (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Fla. Feb. 2, 2017.