Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-2 out of 2 doctors available
- Rochester, MN
Areas of focus:
Pancreas transplant, Kidney transplant, End-stage renal disease, Chronic kidney disease, Acute kidney failure
- Transplant Surgeon
- Phoenix, AZ
Areas of focus:
Living donor kidney transplant, Pancreas transplant, Liver transplant, Kidney transplant, Robotic surgery
Mayo Clinic experts actively research pancreas transplantation techniques and present their work at national and international meetings.
The Mayo Clinic Transplant Center supports a comprehensive Kidney and Pancreas Transplant Research Program.
Researchers at Mayo Clinic are developing an artificial pancreas that could significantly improve the quality of life for people with type 1 diabetes and potentially provide an alternative to pancreas transplant.
Mayo Clinic researchers in transplant immunology are also investigating ways to lower the rejection risk among transplant recipients and seeking new ways to treat people who need transplants of all types.
See a list of publications about pancreas transplant by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
View all physicians • Florida
Pancreas transplant care at Mayo Clinic
May 24, 2022
- Alhamad T, et al. Pancreas-kidney transplantation in diabetes mellitus: Patient selection and pretransplant evaluation. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed April 21, 2019.
- Alhamad T, et al. Pancreas-kidney transplantation: Benefits and complications. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed April 21, 2019.
- Pancreatic islet transplantation. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/diabetes/overview/insulin-medicines-treatments/pancreatic-islet-transplantation. Accessed April 21, 2019.
- Robertson RP. Pancreas and islet transplantation in diabetes mellitus. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed April 21, 2019.
- Cameron AM, et al. Pancreas transplantation. In: Current Surgical Therapy. 13th ed. Elsevier; 2020. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 29, 2021.
- Kidney-pancreas transplant. National Kidney Foundation. http://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/kidpantx.cfm. Accessed April 21, 2019.
- Care after kidney transplant. National Kidney Foundation. https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/immunosuppression. Accessed April 22, 2019.
- Rickels MR, et al. Pancreatic islet transplantation in humans: Recent progress and future directions. Endocrine Reviews. 2019; doi:10.1210/er.2018-00154.
- Side effects. UNOS. http://transplantliving.org/after-the-transplant/medications/side-effects/. Accessed July 29, 2021.
- Gniewkiewicz MS, et al. Long-term outcomes in simultaneous pancreas-kidney transplant recipients: Single-center experience from Poland. Transplantation Proceedings. 2018; doi:10.1016/j.transproceed.2018.02.140.
- Pancreas. Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network. https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/data/organ-datasource/pancreas/. Accessed April 22, 2019.
- Kandaswamy R, et al. OPTN/SRTR 2018 annual data report: Pancreas. 2020; doi:10.1111/ajt.15673.
- Alhamad T, et al. Pancreas-kidney transplantation in diabetes mellitus: Surgical considerations and immunosuppression. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed April 22, 2019.
- Wey A, et al. Association of pretransplant and posttransplant program ratings with candidate mortality after listing. American Journal of Transplantation. 2019; doi:10.1111/ajt.15032.
- Pancreas. UNOS. https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/data/organ-datasource/pancreas/. Accessed July 29, 2021.
- Why join a support group. UNOS Transplant Living. https://transplantliving.org/community/support-groups/. Accessed July 29, 2021.
- Frequently asked questions. UNOS. https://transplantliving.org/after-the-transplant/frequently-asked-questions/. Accessed July 29, 2021.
- Dingli D (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 29, 2019.
News from Mayo Clinic
Products & Services