Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
More information about billing and insurance:
Mayo Clinic in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota
Mayo Clinic Health System
Estimate your cost using Mayo Clinic’s online estimator tool
Nov. 30, 2016
- Otoplasty. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. http://www.plasticsurgery.org/Cosmetic-Procedures/Ear-Surgery.html. Accessed June 16, 2015.
- Ear surgery. The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. http://www.aafprs.org/patient/procedures/otoplasty.html. Accessed June 16, 2015.
- Handler ET, et al. Complications of otoplasty. Facial Plastic Surgery Clinic of North America. 2013; 21:653. Review.
- Flint PW, et al. Otoplasty. In: Cummings Otolaryngology: Head & Neck Surgery. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 16, 2015.
- Bite U (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 14, 2015.