Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
- Rochester, MN
Areas of focus:
Organ donation, Living-donor transplant, Transplant
Mayo Clinic doctors and surgeons research living-donor transplantation, presenting their work at national and international meetings. The Mayo Clinic Transplant Center supports many studies for living-donor transplant research.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors on living-donor transplantation on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
View all physicians • Minnesota
Living-donor transplant care at Mayo Clinic
April 27, 2021
- Living donation. United Network for Organ Sharing. https://www.unos.org/donation/living-donation/. Accessed April 14, 2019.
- Cotler SJ. Living donor liver transplantation. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed April, 14, 2019.
- The Living Donation Process, organdonor.gov. https://www.organdonor.gov/about/process/living-donation.html. Accessed April 14, 2019.
- Qualifications. Transplant Living. http://www.transplantliving.org/living-donation/being-a-living-donor/qualifications/. Accessed April 14, 2019.
- Risks. Transplant Living. http://www.transplantliving.org/living-donation/being-a-living-donor/risks/. Accessed April 14, 2019.
- Lentine KL, et al. Evaluation of the living kidney donor candidate. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed April 14, 2019.
- Liver. Transplant Living. http://www.transplantliving.org/living-donation/about-the-operation/liver/. Accessed April 14, 2019.
- Types of living donation. Transplant Living. https://transplantliving.org/living-donation/types/. Accessed April 14, 2019.
- Vella J. Living unrelated donors in kidney transplantation. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed April 14, 2019.
- Kidney. Transplant Living. http://www.transplantliving.org/living-donation/about-the-operation/kidney/. Accessed April 14, 2019.
- About the operation. Transplant Living. https://transplantliving.org/living-donation/about-the-operation/. Accessed April 14, 2019.
- Living donation costs. Transplant Living. https://transplantliving.org/financing-a-transplant/living-donation-costs/. Accessed April 14, 2019.
- Eligibility guidelines. National Living Donor Assistance Center. http://www.livingdonorassistance.org/potentialdonors/eligibilityguidelines.aspx. Accessed April 14, 2019.
- Lentine KL, et al. Risks of living kidney donation. https://www.uptodate.com/home/contents/search. Accessed April 14, 2019.
- What to expect after donation. National Kidney Foundation. https://www.kidney.org/transplantation/livingdonors/what-expect-after-donation. Accessed April 6, 2016.
- Shapiro R, et al. Benefits and complications of laparoscopic donor nephrectomy. https://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 5, 2016.
- Liver transplantation. American Academy of Gastroenterology. http://patients.gi.org/topics/liver-transplantation/. Accessed April 14, 2019.
- Guidance for the informed consent of living donors. Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network. https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/resources/guidance/guidance-for-the-informed-consent-of-living-donors/. Accessed April 14, 2019.
- Husain SA, et al. Patients prioritize waitlist over posttransplant outcomes when evaluating kidney transplant centers. American Journal of Transplantation. 2018;18:2781.
- Kidney and liver transplant. Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients, http://www.srtr.org. Accessed April 22, 2019.
News from Mayo Clinic
Products & Services