The Mayo Clinic Transplant Center offers care and housing for transplant patients and their families in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota.
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Sept. 24, 2016
- Feldman M, et al. Liver transplantation. In: Sleisenger & Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 13, 2016.
- Liver transplant. American Liver Foundation. http://www.liverfoundation.org/abouttheliver/info/transplant/. Accessed June 13, 2016.
- What I need to know about liver transplantation. National Institute for Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/livertransplant_ez/. Accessed June 13, 2016.
- Questions & answers for transplant candidates about MELD and PELD. United Network for Organ Sharing. http://www.unos.org/docs/MELD_PELD. Accessed May 28, 2014.
- Liver Kaplan-Meier patient survival rates for transplants performed: 1997-2004. Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network. https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/data/view-data-reports/national-data/#. Accessed May 28, 2016.
- Selecting a hospital. United Network for Organ Sharing http://www.transplantliving.org/before-the-transplant/getting-on-the-list/selecting-a-hospital/. Accessed June 13, 2016.
- Dove LM, et al. Liver transplantation in adults: Patient selection and pretransplantation evaluation. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 13, 2016.
- Bambha K, et al. Model for End-stage Liver Disease (MELD). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 13, 2016.
- Cotler S. Living donor liver transplantation. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 13, 2016.
- Partnering with your transplant team: The patient's guide to transplantation. United Network for Organ Sharing. https://www.unos.org/wp-content/uploads/unos/WEPNTK.pdf. Accessed March 11, 2016.
- Kim WR, et al. OPTN/SRTR 2014 annual data report: Liver. American Journal of Transplantation. 2016;16:11.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Liver transplant. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Glorioso JM, et al. Pivotal preclinical trial of the spheroid reservoir bioartificial liver. Journal of Hepatology. 2015;63:388.
- Yu Y, et al. Cell therapies for liver diseases. Liver Transplantation. 2012;18:9.
- Taner T, et al. Decreased chronic cellular and antibody-mediated injury in the kidney following simultaneous liver-kidney transplantation. Kidney International. 2016;89:909.
- De Assuncao TM, et al. Development and characterization of human-induced pluripotent stem cell-derived cholangiocytes. Laboratory Investigation. 2015;95:684.
- Croome KP, et al. The use of donation after cardiac death allografts does not increase recurrence of hepatocellular carcinoma. American Journal of Transplantation. 2015;15:2704.
- Tincani G, et al. Operative risks of domino liver transplantation for the familial amyloid polyneuropathy liver donor and recipient: A double analysis. American Journal of Transplantation. 2011;11:750.
- Kitchens WH. Domino liver transplantation: Indications, techniques, and outcomes. Transplantation Reviews. 2011;25:167.
- Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients. http://www.srtr.org/default.aspx. Accessed April 11, 2016.
- Heimbach JK (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 19, 2016.