Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care like they've never experienced. See the stories of satisfied Mayo Clinic patients.
Aug. 10, 2017
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/icd/icd_all.html. Accessed April 4, 2016.
- Ganz LI. General principles of the implantable cardioverter-defibrillator. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 4, 2016.
- Epstein AE, et al. 2012 ACC/AHA/HRS focused update incorporated into the ACC/AHA/HRS 2008 guidelines for device-based therapy of cardiac rhythm abnormalities. Circulation. 2013;127:e283.
- Devices that may interfere with implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs). American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Arrhythmia/PreventionTreatmentofArrhythmia/Devices-that-may-Interfere-with-Implantable-Cardioverter-Defibrillators-ICDs_UCM_448464_Article.jsp. Accessed April 4, 2016.
- Living with your implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD). http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Arrhythmia/PreventionTreatmentofArrhythmia/Living-With-Your-Implantable-Cardioverter-Defibrillator-ICD_UCM_448462_Article.jsp. American Heart Association. Accessed April 4, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Implanted cardiac devices. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Ganz LI. Implantable cardioverter-defibrillators: Complications. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 4, 2016.
- Knight BP. Patient information: Implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (beyond the basics). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 4, 2016.
Implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs)