Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialist
- Rochester, MN
Areas of focus:
Amniocentesis, Chorionic villus sampling, Fetal ultrasound, Cancer during pregnancy, Fetal heart disease, Fetal isoimmunization, Gastroschisis, Gestational diabetes, Intrauterine growth restriction, Lupus, Placenta accreta, Preeclampsia, Pregnancy after transplant, Pregnancy complication, Trisomy
see full list in profile
Jan. 03, 2019
- Frequently asked questions. Special procedures FAQ025. Ultrasound exams. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. https://www.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Ultrasound-Exams. Accessed Nov. 29, 2018.
- Shipp TD. Ultrasound examination in obstetrics and gynecology. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Nov. 29. 2018.
- Shipp TD. Basic principles and safety of diagnostic ultrasound in obstetrics and gynecology. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Nov. 29, 2018.
- AskMayoExpert. Prenatal screening and testing. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2018.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) Committee on Practice Bulletins — Obstetrics. ACOG Practice Bulletin No. 175: Ultrasound in pregnancy. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2016;128:e241.
- Fetal imaging: Executive summary of a joint Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine, American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, American College of Radiology, Society for Pediatric Radiology, and Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound Fetal Imaging Workshop. Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2014;124:836.
- Avoid fetal "keepsake" images, heartbeat monitors. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm095508.htm. Accessed Dec. 3, 2018.
- Frequently asked questions. Pregnancy FAQ155. Ectopic pregnancy. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. https://www.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Ectopic-Pregnancy. Accessed Nov. 29, 2018.
- Frequently asked questions. Pregnancy FAQ098. Special tests for monitoring fetal health. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. https://www.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Special-Tests-for-Monitoring-Fetal-Health. Accessed Nov. 29, 2018.
- Cope J. Fetal cardiac abnormalities: Screening, evaluation, and pregnancy management. https://www.uptodate/contents/search. Accessed Nov. 29, 2018.
- Ghidini A. Chorionic villus sampling. https://www.uptodate.com/content/search. Accessed Nov. 29, 2018.
- Ghidini A. Diagnostic amniocentesis. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Nov. 30, 2018.
- Van den Hof MC. No. 359-Obstetric ultrasound biological effects and safety. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada. 2018;40:627.
- ACR–ACOG–AIUM–SMFM–SRU practice parameter for the performance of standard diagnostic obstetrical ultrasound. Revised 2018. American College of Radiology. http://www.acr.org/Quality-Safety/Standards-Guidelines/Practice-Guidelines-by-Modality/Ultrasound. Accessed Dec. 3, 2018.
Products & Services