By smoothing loose skin, a face-lift can give your face and neck a more youthful appearance. Keep in mind that face-lift results aren't permanent. As you age your facial skin might begin to droop again. Sun damage can also age your skin.
Nov. 30, 2016
- Bagheri SC, et al. Rhytidectomy (face-lifting). In: Current Therapy in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012.
- Neligan PC. Facelift: Principles. In: Plastic Surgery. Vol. 7. 3rd ed. London, England: Elsevier Saunders; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 29, 2015.
- Neligan PC. Facelift. In: Core Procedures in Plastic Surgery. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2014.
- Chaffoo RAK. Complications in facelift surgery: Avoidance and management. Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America. 2013; 21:551.
- McCollough EG. Facelift: Panel discussion, controversies, and techniques. Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America. 2012; 20:279.
- Facelift surgery. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. http://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/facelift.html. Accessed May 31, 2015.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 22, 2015.
- Bite U (expert opinion). Rochester, Minn. June 8, 2015.
- Gibson LE (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 25, 2015.