After your external beam radiation therapy is complete, you will have regular follow-up appointments with your doctor to evaluate how your cancer has responded to the treatment. You will need long-term monitoring to determine whether your disease is in remission or if additional treatment is needed.
Aug. 10, 2017
- External beam therapy (EBT). Radiological Society of North America. http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=ebt. Accessed Apr. 1, 2016.
- DiBiase SJ, et al. External beam radiation therapy for localized prostate cancer. http://www.uptodate.com/home/. Accessed April 1, 2016.
- Wein AJ, et al., eds. Radiation therapy for prostate cancer. In: Campbell-Walsh Urology. 11th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 3, 2016.
- Prostate cancer. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostatecancer/detailedguide/prostate-cancer-treating-radiation-therapy. Accessed April 1, 2016.
- McAninch JW, et al., eds. Radiotherapy of urologic tumors. In: Smith and Tanagho's General Urology. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2013. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed April 1, 2016.
External beam radiation for prostate cancer