Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Researchers at Mayo Clinic are working to improve EUS and explore further applications of the technique. These include using EUS for precancerous changes, such as staging and treatment of Barrett's esophagus, as well as to treat esophageal and pancreatic cancer. Read more about research in Mayo Clinic's Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology and Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine.
See a list of publications by Mayo doctors on endoscopic ultrasound on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Endoscopic ultrasound care at Mayo Clinic
July 01, 2017
- Longo DL, et al., eds. Gastrointestinal endoscopy. In: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 19th ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education; 2015. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed March 5, 2017.
- Understanding EUS (Endoscopic ultrasound). American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. https://www.asge.org/home/for-patients/patient-information/understanding-eus. March 5, 2017.
- Greenberger NJ, et al., eds. Endoscopic ultrasound. In: Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Endoscopy. 3rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2015. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=1621§ionid=10518592. Accessed March 10, 2017.
- Wiersema MJ, et al. Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy in the gastrointestinal tract. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 5, 2017.
- Lakhtakia S, et al. Complications of diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic ultrasound. Best Practice & Research Clinical Gastroenterology. 2016;30:807.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. January 9, 2017.