Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Mayo Clinic doctors conduct research in spinal cord injury rehabilitation, including studying diaphragm pacing and other therapies for people with spinal cord injuries. Researchers also study outcomes, new treatment options and other areas related to spinal cord injury rehabilitation. Read more about spinal cord injury and repair.
See a list of publications about spinal cord injury rehabilitation by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
View all physicians • Arizona
Diaphragm pacing for spinal cord injury care at Mayo Clinic
March 24, 2020
- Townsend CM Jr, et al. Surgery of the diaphragm: A deductive approach. In: Sabiston Textbook of Surgery: The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice. 20th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 23, 2018.
- Marion DW. Pacing the diaphragm: Patient selection, evaluation, implantation, and complications. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Jan. 15, 2020.
- Baker GS. Spinal cord injuries. Minnesota Medicine. 1949;32:1094.
- Provider profile. CARF International. http://www.carf.org/providerProfile.aspx?cid=8020. Accessed Jan. 17, 2018.
- DiMarco AF. Diaphragm pacing. Clinics in Chest Medicine. 2018; doi:10.1016/j.ccm.2018.01.008.
- Riggin EA. AllscriptsEPSi. Mayo Clinic. Jan. 16, 2020.
Diaphragm pacing for spinal cord injury