Below are current clinical trials.3 studies in Coronary bypass surgery
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
The researchers are doing this study to find out whether there will be less increase in cardiac filling pressure after the surgeon opens the pericardium (the membrane around the heart) than when the pericardium is intact. The researchers want to see whether opening the pericardium is an effective way to reduce the blood filling pressures in the heart.
The purpose of this study is to see if Nephrology participation in the care of patients undergoing CABG (coronary artery bipass grafting) could reduce the incidence of acute kidney injury through correction of modifiable risk factors, early detection and interventions post-operatively.
The objective of this study will be to prospectively evaluate the response of a continuous infusion of recombinant human antithrombin concentrate (rhAT) (ATRYN®) to achieve and maintain the AT activity within a specified range in adult patients that require extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) following cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) and cardiac surgery.
Dec. 17, 2015
- Coronary artery bypass grafting. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/cabg/#. Accessed Oct. 18, 2015.
- Longo DL, et al., eds. Ischemic heart disease. In: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 19th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2015. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed Oct. 18, 2015.
- Fuster V, ed. et al. Coronary bypass surgery. In: Hurst's The Heart. 13th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed Oct. 18, 2015.
- Hillis LD, et al. ACC/AHA 2011 guideline update for coronary artery bypass graft surgery: A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2011;58:e123.
- Chaudry UAR, et al. Beating-heart versus conventional on-pump coronary artery bypass grafting: A meta-analysis of clinical outcomes. Annals of Thoracic Surgery. In press. Accessed Oct. 18, 2015.
- Aranki S, et al. Early noncardiac complications after coronary artery bypass surgery. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 18, 2015.
- Aranki S, et al. Medical therapy to prevent complications after coronary artery bypass graft surgery. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 18, 2015.
- Riggs EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 10, 2015.