- Cardiac catheterization expertise. Mayo Clinic's Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory has been active for over 50 years. Mayo Clinic was among the first centers in the nation to develop and use diagnostic techniques through cardiac catheterization. Doctors at Mayo Clinic perform more than 8,000 cardiac catheterizations every year.
- Comprehensive cardiovascular treatment and research. Doctors in Mayo Clinic's Cardiovascular Research Center are focused on developing cutting-edge, catheter-based diagnostic tests and innovative treatments for people with cardiovascular disease.
- Pediatric expertise. At Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota, doctors trained in treating children who have heart diseases (pediatric cardiologists) perform cardiac catheterization in children. A magnetic navigation system at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota allows doctors to treat complex coronary artery blockages, including cases in which standard technology failed to open a blocked artery in the past.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic Children's Center in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Children's Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
With Mayo Clinic's emphasis on collaborative care, specialists at each of the campuses — Minnesota, Arizona and Florida — interact very closely with colleagues at the other campuses and the Mayo Clinic Health System.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's cardiovascular diseases and cardiac surgery departments' expertise and rankings.
May 05, 2016
- Cardiac catheterization. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/cardiovascular-disorders/cardiovascular-tests-and-procedures/cardiac-catheterization. Accessed Feb. 24, 2016.
- Cardiac catheterization. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/cath. Accessed Feb. 23, 2016.
- Cardiac catheterization. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HeartAttack/SymptomsDiagnosisofHeartAttack/Cardiac-Catheterization_UCM_451486_Article.jsp#.VtIxfvkrLIU. Accessed Feb. 24, 2016.
- Longo DL, et al., eds. Diagnostic cardiac catheterization and coronary angiography. In: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 19th ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education; 2015. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed Feb. 24, 2016.
- Bonow RO, et al. Cardiac catheterization. In: Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 24, 2016.
- Fuster V, et al., eds. Cardiac catheterization, cardiac angiography, and coronary blood flow and pressure measurements. In: Hurst's The Heart. 13th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed Feb. 24, 2016.
- Cullen MW, et al. Transvenous, antegrade melody valve-in-valve implantation for bioprosthetic mitral and tricuspid valve dysfunction. Journal of the American College of Cardiology: Cardiovascular Interventions. 2013;6:598.
- Riggin ER. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 27, 2016.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. About your pacemaker implantation. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Rihal CS, et al. Principles of percutaneous paravalvular leak enclosure. Journal of the American College of Cardiology: Cardiovascular Interventions. 2012;5:121.
- Sorajja P, et al. Survival after alcohol septal ablation for obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Circulation. 2012;126:2374.
- Eleid MF, et al. Continuous left atrial pressure monitoring during Mitraclip. Journal of the American College of Cardiology: Cardiovascular Interventions. 2015; 8:e117.
- Mankad R (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 1, 2016.