Mayo Clinic doctors are respected for their experience using biological therapy for cancer.
- Expertise. Mayo Clinic doctors have made important contributions to biological therapy research and are respected for the expertise in this area. The knowledge and experience of Mayo Clinic doctors means they're able to provide you with the best care.
- Access to the latest research. Mayo Clinic is a leader in translating knowledge gained from cancer research into effective, personalized care for people with cancer. People who seek care at Mayo Clinic have access to many clinical trials.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Nov. 21, 2017
- De Vita VT Jr, et al., eds. Cancer immunotherapy. In: DeVita, Hellman, and Rosenberg's Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Wolters Kluwer Health Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2015. http://www.ovid.com/site/index.jsp. Accessed Oct. 9, 2017.
- Biological therapies for cancer. National Cancer Institute. https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/types/immunotherapy/bio-therapies-fact-sheet. Accessed Oct. 9, 2017.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Therapeutic antibodies and immunologic conjugates. In: Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 9, 2017.
- Shah DJ, et al. Latest advances in chemotherapeutic, targeted and immune approaches in the treatment of metastatic melanoma. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2014;89:504.
Biological therapy for cancer