General information and registration
Registration desks are located in the lobbies of the Davis, Cannaday and Mayo buildings and at the Mayo Primary Care Centers. Unless a specific location is indicated on your patient itinerary, registration needs can be addressed at all desks.
Time permitting, please complete the registration forms and return them to Mayo using one of the options provided in your pre-registration packet. To expedite the registration process, please return paperwork with required signatures and documentation as indicated on the form. If insurance coverage cannot be verified prior to your visit to Mayo Clinic, you will be asked for a pre-care deposit. The pre-care deposit is generally around $3,000 but may be more in some specialty areas. Additional deposits may be necessary after your evaluation if more consultations and tests are ordered.
Each year you will be asked to update or confirm your demographic and insurance information. Accurate patient information is essential for all patient correspondence, including physician letters, patient schedules and monthly statements. Should you have a change in your information during the year, please let us know immediately.
You are financially responsible for all services provided at the clinic and hospital. Those costs can include:
- Services not covered by your insurance plan
- Fees for elective surgery and cosmetic consultations
- Balance due on accounts
- Pre-admission deposits for hospitalization
For your convenience, Mayo Clinic offers several payment options:
- Discover, MasterCard, American Express and Visa credit or debit cards. Payment can be made at any Registration desk or by calling Patient Account Services at 800-660-4190 (toll-free) to make payment.
- Cash, cashier's check or money order.
- Wire transfers
- Online services. Patients may log in to use Mayo Clinic Patient Online Services, including online bill payment.
- myEasyMatch code. Patients may use the unique myEasyMatch code listed at the top of any printed monthly statement to make a payment online without logging in to Mayo Clinic Patient Online Services.