How to Apply
Mayo Clinic seeks diverse candidates from undergraduate and graduate programs across the country for the Clinical Exercise Physiologist Internship. Qualified candidates should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, creative and enrolled in one of the following undergraduate or graduate programs:
- Exercise science
- Health and wellness promotion
- Another related major
Students should be in the process of completing their senior year of college when applying to the internship (should have completed all course work except their internship or have one semester left following their internship). It is recommended that you have completed course work in electrocardiography, graded exercise testing, exercise physiology and pharmacology prior to your internship.
Undergraduate applicants are given priority over graduate applicants, who have not previously completed a clinical internship. If you have already completed a clinical internship (undergraduate or graduate), you may not be considered for the unpaid Clinical Exercise Physiologist Internship in the Cardiovascular Health Clinic.
Submit your letter of interest indicating which semester you are interested in applying for:
- Spring internship: Applications accepted Aug. 15-Sept. 15
- Summer internship: Applications accepted Dec. 15-Jan. 15
- Fall internship: Applications accepted May 15-June 15
Visit our Internships and Summer Opportunities Web page for available Clinical Exercise Physiologist Internship positions. If this internship is not available, you may click "Email jobs to me." You'll be notified via email when internship positions become available.
During the online application process, you'll be asked to attach:
- Your resume
- A cover letter, which should describe your career objectives, list pertinent experiences you've had, include the internship semester and year for which you're applying, and note the number of internship hours required by your school
- Letter(s) of recommendation from faculty adviser(s)
- Transcripts from all colleges you've attended (photocopies are acceptable) — if in doubt, send official transcripts to the contact person listed below
You are responsible for ensuring that all application materials are complete and received by Mayo Clinic on or before the deadline for each internship period. The selection committee will not review incomplete applications.