PRC-20337291-Mayo Clinics approach
Mayo Clinic specialists have experience using biological therapy as a treatment for many types of cancer.
Your Mayo Clinic care team
Mayo Clinic oncologists and hematologists work with other specialists to provide comprehensive care for people with cancer. By combining the expertise of doctors from many specialties, your care team is able to create a personalized treatment plan designed to meet your needs and provide you with the best outcome.
Access to the latest treatments
Mayo Clinic doctors have access to the latest biological therapy treatments approved for people with cancer, including CAR T-cell therapy. Your cancer treatment plan will take into account the most up-to-date information.
In addition, many biological therapy treatments are being studied in clinical trials. Your care team can discuss your options if you're interested in participating in a clinical trial.
Nationally recognized expertise
Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
PRC-20337291-Expertise and rankings
Mayo Clinic doctors are respected for their experience using biological therapy for cancer.
- Expertise. Mayo Clinic doctors have made important contributions to biological therapy research and are respected for the expertise in this area. The knowledge and experience of Mayo Clinic doctors means they're able to provide you with the best care.
- Access to the latest research. Mayo Clinic is a leader in translating knowledge gained from cancer research into effective, personalized care for people with cancer. People who seek care at Mayo Clinic have access to many clinical trials.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic de Rochester, Minnesota, Mayo Clinic de Jacksonville, Florida y Mayo Clinic de Scottsdale, Arizona, están clasificados entre los Mejores Hospitales oncológicos por la revista U.S. News & World Report.
Explora los estudios de Mayo Clinic para exámenes y procedimientos al aprender los investigadores cómo mantener sana a la gente en la práctica clínica.
Nov. 21, 2017
- De Vita VT Jr, et al., eds. Cancer immunotherapy. In: DeVita, Hellman, and Rosenberg's Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Wolters Kluwer Health Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2015. http://www.ovid.com/site/index.jsp. Accessed Oct. 9, 2017.
- Biological therapies for cancer. National Cancer Institute. https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/types/immunotherapy/bio-therapies-fact-sheet. Accessed Oct. 9, 2017.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Therapeutic antibodies and immunologic conjugates. In: Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 9, 2017.
- Shah DJ, et al. Latest advances in chemotherapeutic, targeted and immune approaches in the treatment of metastatic melanoma. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2014;89:504.
Biological therapy for cancer