Dr. Ruqin Chen is general medical oncologist and hematologist with a special interest in targeted therapy and immunotherapy.
Her clinical focus includes:
- Expertise in management of solid tumor malignancy such as lung cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer, and prostate cancer.
- Expertise in management of hematologic malignancy such as lymphoma, chronic leukemia, and myeloma.
- Complex coordination of care for patients through multidisciplinary approach.
- Providing comprehensive patient-centered care in Mayo Clinic Cancer Center at St. Vincent Riverside.
- Promoting patient education especially personalized chemotherapy education to guide the patient through the difficult journey.
- Fostering patients understanding of their conditions and engaging patients to become partners in managing their health.
In addition to her clinical activities, Dr. Chen is active in research. She's working to bring more clinical trials for minority patients. She also has strong interest in education and is working to create continuity clinic for the fellows.
She has numerous research publications and has also presented her research at national and international conferences.
- Targeted therapy
- Clinical Trials
Mayo Clinic locations
Fellowship - Hematology/OncologyMayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
Residency - Internal MedicineBrookdale University Hospital & Medical Center
MS - BiostatisticsSchool of Public Health, State University of New York at Albany
Research Trainee - StatisticsSun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences
BMSun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences
Activities and honors
HematologyAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
Medical OncologyAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine