- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, a team of pediatric specialists in the Children's Center works together to create a customized treatment plan for your child. Team members may include oncologists, surgeons, urologists, radiologists, pathologists and kidney specialists (nephrologists).
- Experience. Mayo Clinic pediatric specialists have extensive experience caring for children with Wilms' tumor. Your care team is prepared with the knowledge and resources to provide your child with exactly the care he or she needs.
- Expertise. Mayo Clinic is a member of the Children's Oncology Group — a national, leading-edge group of institutions dedicated to children's cancer research. This allows Mayo Clinic to provide your child with coordinated diagnosis and treatment based on the latest research.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic doctors will work with you to review all of your child's treatment options. The range of treatments offered for children with Wilms' tumor includes partial and total nephrectomy, chemotherapy, radiation and clinical trials.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Nov. 06, 2014
- Wein AJ, et al. Campbell-Walsh Urology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://wwwclinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 7, 2014.
- Townsend CM Jr, et al. Sabiston Textbook of Surgery: The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 7, 2014.
- Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 7, 2014.
- What is a clinical trial? CureSearch for Children's Cancer. http://www.curesearch.org/What-is-a-Clinical-Trial. Accessed Aug. 7, 2014.
- Young people with cancer: A handbook for parents. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/coping/youngpeople. Accessed Aug. 7, 2014.