April 23, 2015
Below are current clinical trials.2 studies in Uveitis
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
The Macular Edema Ranibizumab v. Intravitreal anti-inflammatory Therapy (MERIT) Trial will compare the relative efficacy and safety of intravitreal methotrexate, intravitreal ranibizumab, and the intravitreal dexamethasone implant for the treatment of uveitic macular edema persisting or reoccurring after an intravitreal corticosteroid injection. MERIT is a parallel design (1:1:1), randomized comparative trial with an anniversary close-out at the 6 month clinic visit. The primary outcome is percent change in central subfield thickness from the baseline OCT measurement to the 12 week visit.
This study is being done to:
- Assess what children with different eye conditions experience in everyday life
- Improve our understanding of the difficulties that children with eye problems experience
- Improve reporting of how parents see their child’s eye condition affecting them
- Assess what parents of children with different eye conditions experience in their own everyday life
- Improve the way we assess the benefits of treatment
- Parekh A, et al. Risk factors associated with intraocular pressure increase in patients with uveitis treated with the fluocinolone acetonide implant. JAMA Ophthalmology. In press. Accessed March 11, 2015.
- Cunningham ET. Overview of uveitis. The Merck Manual Professional Edition. http://www.merck.com/mmpe/print/sec09/ch105/ch105a.html. Accessed March 30, 2015.
- Riordan-Eva P, et al. Uveitis. In: Vaughan & Asbury's General Ophthalmology. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=387§ionid=40229324&jumpsectionID=40231264&Resultclick=2. Accessed March 11, 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Uveitis. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Rosenbaum JT. Uveitis: Etiology, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 11, 2015.
- Rosenbaum JT. Uveitis: Treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 11, 2015.
- Uveitis. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://naturaldatabase.therapeuticresearch.com. Accessed March 12, 2015.
- Yuen BG, et al. Association between smoking and uveitis: Results from the Pacific Ocular Inflammation Study. Ophthalmology. In Press. Accessed April 4, 2015.