Lifestyle and home remedies
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
Treatments and drugs
July 13, 2017
- AskMayoExpert. Female urinary incontinence and voiding dysfunction (adult). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. 2016.
- What is urinary incontinence? Urology Care Foundation. http://www.urologyhealth.org/urologic-conditions/urinary-incontinence. Accessed March 18, 2017.
- McAninch JW, et al., eds. Urinary incontinence. In: Smith and Tanagho's General Urology. 18th ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 2013. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=508§ionid=41088107. Accessed March 18, 2017.
- South-Paul JE, et al. Urinary incontinence. In: Current Diagnosis & Treatment in Family Medicine. 4th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2015. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com. Accessed March 18, 2017.
- Lukacz ES. Evaluation of women with urinary incontinencehttp://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 18, 2017.
- Bladder control problems in women (urinary incontinence). National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/urologic-diseases/bladder-control-problems-women. Accessed March 18, 2017.
- AskMayoExpert. Male urinary incontinence. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. 2016.
- Bladder control problems in men (urinary incontinence). National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/urologic-diseases/bladder-control-problems-men. Accessed March 18, 2017.
- Gameiro SF, et al. Electrical stimulation with non-implanted electrodes for overactive bladder in adults. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD010098.pub4/full. Accessed March 18, 2017.
- Jelovsek JE. Surgical management of stress urinary incontinence in women: Choosing a primary surgical procedure. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 18, 2017.
- Frawley J, et al. Complementary and conventional health-care utilization among young Australian women with urinary incontinence. Urology. 2017;99:92.
- Mo Q, et al. Acupuncture for adults with overactive bladder: A systematic review protocol. BMJ Open. 2015;5:1.
- Solberg M. A pilot study on the use of acupuncture or pelvic floor muscle training for mixed urinary incontinence. Acupuncture Medicine. 2016;34:7.
- Vinchurkar AS, et al. Integrating yoga therapy in the management of urinary incontinence: A case report. Journal of Evidence-Based Complementary & Alternative Medicine. 2015;20:154.
- Brown AY. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 24, 2017.
- Ziegelmann MJ, et al. The impact of prior urethral sling on artificial urinary sphincter outcomes. Canadian Urological Association Journal. 2016;10:405.
- Linder BJ, et al. Autologous transobturator urethral sling placement for female stress urinary incontinence: Short-term outcomes. Urology. 2016;93:55.
- Lukacz ES. Treatment of urinary incontinence in women. https://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 9, 2017.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) Committee on Practice Bulletins — Gynecology and the American Urogynecologic Society. ACOG Practice Bulletin No. 155: Urinary Incontinence in Women. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2015;126:e66.