Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments that treat this condition
Areas that research this condition
Doctors who treat this condition
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
- Rochester, MN
Areas of focus:
Psychotherapy, Mood disorder, Teen depression
Mayo Clinic researchers have made important contributions to studies on depression. Mayo Clinic Depression Center is a Center of Excellence for the National Network of Depression Centers.
Areas of research include:
- Developing effective treatments for treatment-resistant depression
- Studying the use of transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) in adolescent depression
- Genetic and environmental factors in depression
- How genomic variations may predict response to medications (pharmacogenomics)
- Developing more-targeted drug treatment options for people with mood disorders, based on variations in brain-imaging patterns, brain metabolism and genetic makeup
Read more about psychiatry and psychology research at Mayo Clinic.
See a list of publications about depression by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
View all physicians • All Locations
Teen depression care at Mayo Clinic
June 05, 2021
Products & Services