Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Heart palpitations are skipped, fluttering or racing heartbeats that aren't usually a symptom of a serious heart problem. Discover the causes and symptoms of this condition.
Sick to your stomach? Nausea and vomiting usually pass quickly but sometimes result from long-term or serious conditions.
Tests and diagnosis
Treatments and drugs
Dec. 29, 2017
- Longo DL, et al., eds. Cardiovascular collapse, cardiac arrest, and sudden cardiac death. In: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 19th ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education; 2015. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed Oct. 20, 2015.
- Sudden cardiac arrest. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/scda/. Accessed Oct. 20, 2015.
- Podrid PJ. Overview of sudden cardiac arrest and sudden cardiac death. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 20, 2015.
- Heart attack or sudden cardiac arrest: How are they different? American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/More/MyHeartandStrokeNews/Heart-Attack-or-Sudden-Cardiac-Arrest-How-Are-They-Different_UCM_440804_Article.jsp#.Vi55p36rTIU. Accessed Oct. 20, 2015.
- Neumar RW, et al. Part 1: Executive summary 2015 American Heart Association guidelines update for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiovascular care. Circulation. 2015;132(suppl):S315.
- Arrhythmia. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/arr. Accessed Oct. 21, 2015.
- Fuster V, et al., eds. Sudden cardiac death. In: Hurst's The Heart. 13th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed Oct. 21, 2015.
- Goldberger AL, et al. Sudden cardiac arrest and sudden cardiac death. In: Clinical Electrocardiography: A Simplified Approach. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 20, 2015.
- Ejection fraction heart failure measurement. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HeartFailure/SymptomsDiagnosisofHeartFailure/Ejection-Fraction-Heart-Failure-Measurement_UCM_306339_Article.jsp#.Vi58RH6rTIU. Accessed Oct. 20, 2015.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 5, 2015.
- Rohren CH (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 28, 2015.