Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Sick to your stomach? Nausea and vomiting usually pass quickly but sometimes result from long-term or serious conditions.
Tests and diagnosis
Treatments and drugs
Aug. 29, 2017
- AskMayoExpert. Esophageal and gastric cancer. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Cancer of the stomach and gastroesophageal junction. In: Abeloff 's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 23, 2016.
- Feldman M, et al. Adenocarcinoma of the stomach and other gastric tumors. In: Sleisenger and Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 23, 2016.
- Gastric cancer. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed March 23, 2016.
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors treatment — Patient version (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/types/soft-tissue-sarcoma/patient/gist-treatment-pdq. Accessed March 24, 2016.
- Palliative care. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed March 23, 2016.
- Singh S, et al. Physical activity is associated with reduced risk of gastric cancer: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Cancer Prevention Research. 2014;7:12.
- Carr JS, et al. Risk factors for rising incidence of esophageal and gastric cardia adenocarcinoma. Journal of Gastrointestinal Cancer. 2013;44:143.
- Atasoy A, et al. Multimodality approaches to potentially resectable esophagogastric junction and gastric cardia adenocarcinomas. https://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 26, 2017.
- Goode EF, et al. Immunotherapy for gastroesophageal cancer. Journal of Clinical Medicine. 2016;5:84.
- Crane SJ, et al. Subsite-specific risk factors for esophageal and gastric adenocarcinoma. American Journal of Gastroenterology. 2007;102:1596.
- Ajanai JA, et al. Esophageal and esophagogastric junction cancers, version 1.2015. Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. 2015;13:194.
- Maron SB, et al. Novel targeted therapies for esophagogastric cancer. Surgical Oncology Clinics of North America. 2017;26:293.