Oct. 15, 2015
Below are current clinical trials.1 studies in Rumination syndrome
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
The purpose of this study is to:
- Assess spectrum of symptoms among patients with rumination syndrome diagnosed at Mayo Clinic (through interviews with previously diagnosed patients);
- Assess the quality of life in persons with rumination syndrome (through interviews with previously diagnosed patients); and
- Develop a symptom scoring tool which can be used to assess outcomes and response to therapy in this group
- Kessing BF, et al. Current diagnosis and management of the rumination syndrome. Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology. 2014;48:478.
- Feeding and eating disorders. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://www.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed July 27, 2015.
- O'Brien MD, et al. Rumination syndrome: Clinical features rather than manometric diagnosis. Gastroenterology. 1995;108:1024.
- Mousa HM, et al. Adolescent rumination syndrome. Current Gastroenterology Report. 2014;16:398.
- Talley NJ. Rumination syndrome. Gastroenterology & Hepatology. 2011;7:117.
- Vijayvargiya P, et al. Novel association of rectal evacuation disorder and rumination syndrome: Diagnosis, co‑morbidities and treatment. United European Gastroenterology Journal. 2014;2:38.
- Camilleri M (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 3, 2015.
- Chial HJ, et al. Rumination syndrome in children and adolescents: Diagnosis, treatment and prognosis. Pediatrics 2003;111:158.
- Cook AJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 30, 2015.
- Hejazi RA, et al. Rumination syndrome: A review of current concepts and treatments. American Journal of Medical Science. 2014;348:324.
- Ebert MH, et al., eds. Developmental disorders of attachment, feeding, elimination, & sleeping. In: Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Psychiatry. 2nd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2008. http://www.accessmedicine. com. Accessed July 27, 2015.