Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
Treatments and drugs
Ask questions and work with your health care team to prepare for chemotherapy so that you know what side effects to expect and how to manage them.
Dec. 22, 2017
- Prostate cancer. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Jan. 21, 2017.
- Wein AJ, et al., eds. Campbell-Walsh Urology. 11th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2016. http://wwwclinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 21, 2017.
- Gunderson LL, et al. Prostate Cancer. In:Clinical Radiation Oncology. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clincalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 20, 2017.
- What you need to know about prostate cancer. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/publications/patient-education/wyntk-prostate-cancer. Accessed Feb. 8, 2017.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Prostate cancer. In: Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 21, 2017.
- Distress management. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Feb. 20, 2017.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. October 24, 2016.
- Smith RA, et al. Cancer screening in the United States, 2015: A review of current American Cancer Society guidelines and current issues in cancer screening. CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians. 2015;65:30.
- Prostate cancer prevention (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/prevention/prostate/healthprofessional. Accessed Feb. 20, 2017.
- Castle EP (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz. April 12, 2017.
- Choline C-11 injection (prescribing information). Rochester, Minn. Mayo Clinic PET Radiochemistry Facility; 2012.
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/appletter/2012/203155Orig1s000ltr.pdf. Accessed Feb. 22, 2017.
- Vourganti S. et al. MR/US fusion technology: What makes it tick? Current Urology Reports. 2017;18:20.
- Rong N, et al. Clinically available RNA profiling tests of prostate tumors: utility and comparison. Asian Journal of Andrology. 2016;18:575.
- Conrad CA, et al. Clinically available RNA profiling tests of prostate tumors: Utility and comparison. Asian Journal of Andrology. 2016;18:505.
- Koboldt DC, et al. Rare variation in TET2 is associated with clinically relevant prostate carcinoma in African Americans. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention. 2016;25:11.
- Gettman MT, et al. Current status of robotics in urologic laparoscopy. European Urology. 2003;43:106.
- Krambeck AE, et al. Radical prostatectomy for prostatic adenocarcinoma: a matched comparison of open retropubic and robot-assisted techniques. BJU International. 2008;103;448.
- Ashfaq A, et al. Incidence and outcomes of ventral hernia repair after robotic retropubic prostatectomy: A retrospective cohort of 570 consecutive cases. International Journal of Surgery. 2017;38:74.
- Alshalalfa1 A, et al. Low PCA3 expression is a marker of poor differentiation in localized prostate tumors: Exploratory analysis from 12,076 patients. Oncotarget. In press. Accessed April 12, 2017.
- Kaushik D, et al. Oncological outcomes following radical prostatectomy for patients with pT4 prostate cancer. International Brazilian Journal of Urology. 2016;42:1091.
- Moris L, et al. Impact of lymph node burden on survival of high-risk prostate cancer patients following radical prostatectomy and pelvic lymph node dissection. Frontiers in Surgery. 2016;3:65.
- Leibovich BC (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 2, 2017.
- Amin MB, et al., eds. Prostate. In: AJCC Cancer Staging Manual. 8th ed. New York, NY: Springer; 2017.