Tests and diagnosis
Itching, sneezing and swelling: Find out what's causing your allergy symptoms.
Jan. 10, 2018
- Goldenberg A, et al. Nickel allergy in adults in the US: 1962 to 2015. Dermatitis. 2015;26:216.
- Nickel allergy. American Osteopathic College of Dermatology. http://www.aocd.org/?page=NickelAllergy. Accessed Oct. 23, 2016.
- Adkinson NF, et al. Contact dermatitis. In: Middleton's Allergy: Principles and Practice. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 20, 2016.
- Allergic skin conditions. American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. http://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/library/at-a-glance/allergic-skin-conditions. Accessed Oct. 25, 2016.
- Contact dermatitis. American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. http://acaai.org/allergies/types/skin-allergies/contact-dermatitis. Oct. 23, 2016.
- Nickel allergy: How to avoid exposure and reduce symptoms. American Academy of Dermatology. https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/rashes/nickel-allergy. Accessed Oct. 23, 2016.
- Maridet C, et al. The electronic cigarette: The new source of nickel contact allergy of the 21st century? Contact Dermatitis. 2015;73:49.
- Tuchman M, et al. Nickel contact dermatitis in children. Clinics in Dermatology. 2015;33:320.
- Lusi EA, et al. High prevalence of nickel allergy in an overweight female population: A pilot observational analysis. PLOS One. 2015;3:1.
- Fonacier L, et al. Contact dermatitis: A practice parameter update — 2015. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology: In Practice. 2015;3:S1.
- Brod BA, et al. Management of allergic contact dermatitis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 23, 2016.
- Prednisone. Micromedex 2.0 Healthcare Series. http://www.micromedexsolutions.com. Accessed Oct. 25, 2016.
- Getting piercing done safely. American Academy of Dermatology. https://www.aad.org/public/kids/skin/piercings-tattoos/getting-piercing-done-safely. Accessed Oct. 25, 2016.