Find out your heart disease risk and what you can do to reduce it.
Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Sick to your stomach? Nausea and vomiting usually pass quickly but sometimes result from long-term or serious conditions.
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
Treatments and drugs
Oct. 27, 2016
- Ferri FF. Kawasaki disease. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2017. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 10, 2016.
- Kawasaki disease. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/kd. Accessed Aug. 14, 2016.
- Kliegman RM, et al. Kawasaki disease. In: Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 20th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 10, 2016.
- Patel RM, et al. Kawasaki disease: A comprehensive review of treatment options. Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics. 2015;40:620.
- Lin KH, et al. Usefulness of natriuretic peptide for the diagnosis of Kawasaki disease: A systematic review and meta-analysis. BMJ Open. 2015;5:1.
- Sundel R. Kawasaki disease: Initial treatment and prognosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 11, 2016.
- Newburger JW, et al. Diagnosis, treatment, and long-term management of Kawasaki disease: A statement for health professionals from the Committee on Rheumatic Fever, Endocarditis and Kawasaki Disease, Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young, American Heart Association. Circulation. 2004;110:2747.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 6, 2016.