Aug. 02, 2014
Below are current clinical trials.2 studies in Hydrocephalus
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
The purpose of this study is to collect and store cerebrospinal fluid (CSF)from patients with normal CSF. This stored CSF will be used in the future as a culture media to better understand how therapeutic cells delivered into the CSF will behave.
We are doing this research study to develop and test the effectiveness of a new imaging technique called magnetic resonance elastography (MRE). This technique measures the stiffness (mechanical properties) of the brain and cerebral spinal fluid.
- Ellenbogen RG, et al. Principles of Neurological Surgery. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier. 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 18, 2014.
- Haridas A, et al. Hydrocephalus. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 18, 2014.
- Hydrocephalus fact sheet. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/hydrocephalus/detail_hydrocephalus.htm. Accessed May 18, 2014.
- Hydrocephalus. American Association of Neurological Surgeons. http://www.aans.org/Patient%20Information/Conditions%20and%20Treatments/Hydrocephalus.aspx . Accessed May 18, 2014.
- What can parents expect during their infant's well-child visits? National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. http://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/infantcare/conditioninfo/Pages/well-child-visit.aspx. Accessed May 18, 2014.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 18, 2014.
- Meningococcal vaccine: Who and when to vaccinate. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/mening/who-vaccinate.htm. Accessed May 18, 2014.
- Adams Waldorf KM, et al. Influence of infection during pregnancy on fetal development. Reproduction. 2013;146:R151.