Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
Treatments and drugs
Nov. 23, 2016
- Herniated disc. American Association of Neurological Surgeons. http://www.aans.org/patient%20information/conditions%20and%20treatments/herniated%20disc.aspx. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Herniated disk in the lower back. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00534. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Herniated disc. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Goldman L, et al., eds. Mechanical and other lesions of the spine, nerve roots and spinal cord. In: Goldman-Cecil Medicine. 25th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Hsu PS, et al. Acute lumbosacral radiculopathy: Pathophysiology, clinical features and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Cauda equine syndrome. American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00362. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Robinson J, et al. Treatment of cervical radiculopathy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Levin K, et al. Acute lumbrosacral radiculopathy: Treatment and prognosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Low back pain. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/backpain/detail_backpain.htm. Accessed Aug. 3, 2016.
- Chronic low-back pain and complementary health approaches: What the science says. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. https://nccih.nih.gov/health/providers/digest/chronic-low-back-pain-science. Accessed Aug. 3, 2016.