Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Sick to your stomach? Nausea and vomiting usually pass quickly but sometimes result from long-term or serious conditions.
Tests and diagnosis
May 05, 2016
- Bonthius DJ, et al. Headache in children: Approach to evaluation and general management strategies. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 4, 2016.
- Headaches in children. American Headache Society. http://www.achenet.org/resources/headaches_in_children/. Accessed April 4, 2016.
- Tintinalli JE, et al. Headache in children. In: Tintinalli's Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensive Study Guide. 7th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw Hill Companies; 2011. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed April 4, 2016.
- Cruse RP. Pathophysiology, clinical features, and diagnosis of migraine in children. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 4, 2016.
- Children's headache disorders. National Headache Foundation. http://www.headaches.org/headaches-in-children/. Accessed April 5, 2016.
- Hershey AD. Pediatric headache. Continuum. 2015;21:1132.
- Kedia S. Complementary and integrative approaches for pediatric headache. Seminars in Neurology. 2016;23:44.