Mayo Clinic staff actively research frontotemporal dementia and related conditions. Researchers study risk factors, causes, diagnostic techniques and treatment options for frontotemporal dementia.
The Alzheimer's Disease Research Center, jointly based at Mayo Clinic campuses in Minnesota Florida, is one of more than 30 Alzheimer's disease research centers in the United States designated and funded by the National Institute on Aging of the National Institutes of Health.
Researchers in the center study frontotemporal dementia, Alzheimer's disease and related conditions. You may have the opportunity to participate in trials in the center. Mayo Clinic's campus in Arizona is part of the Arizona Alzheimer's Consortium, a statewide research collaboration.
Read more about research in:
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors on frontotemporal dementia on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Oct. 29, 2016
- Frontotemporal disorders. National Institute of Aging. https://www.nia.nih.gov/alzheimers/publication/frontotemporal-disorders/introduction. Accessed Sept. 16, 2016.
- Burrell JR, et al. The frontotemporal dementia-motor neuron disease continuum. The Lancet. 2016;388:919.
- Frontotemporal disorders. The Alzheimer's Association. http://www.alz.org/dementia/fronto-temporal-dementia-ftd-symptoms.asp. Accessed Sept. 17, 2016.
- Goldman L, et al., eds. Alzheimer disease and other dementias. In: Goldman-Cecil Medicine. 25th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 17, 2016.
- Lee SE, et al. Frontotemporal dementia: Clinical features and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 16, 2016.
- Warren JD, et al. Frontotemporal dementia. BMJ. 2013;347:1.
- Weishaupt JH, et al. Common molecular pathways in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and frontotemporal dementia. Trends in Molecular Medicine. 2016;22:769.
- Lee SE, et al. Frontotemporal dementia: Treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 16, 2016.
- Caceres CA, et al. Family caregivers of patients with frontotemporal dementia: An integrative review. International Journal of Nursing Studies. 2016;55:71.
- Neurological diagnostic tests and procedures. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/misc/diagnostic_tests.htm. Accessed Sept. 20, 2016.
- Larson EB. Evaluation of cognitive impairment and dementia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 20, 2016.
- Riggin EA. AllScripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 28, 2016.
- Alzheimer's disease research centers. National Institute on Aging. https://www.nia.nih.gov/alzheimers/alzheimers-disease-research-centers. Accessed Sept. 19, 2016.
- Participating institutions. Arizona Alzheimer's Research Consortium. http://azalz.org/about-us/participating-institutions/. Accessed Sept. 19, 2016.