Lifestyle and home remedies
Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Tests and diagnosis
Aug. 12, 2017
- Nurko S, et al. Evaluation and treatment of constipation in children and adolescents. American Family Physician. 2014;90:82.
- Schrank KS. Constipation. In: Emergency Medicine. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 8, 2016.
- Constipation in children. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/healthinformation/healthtopics/digestivediseases/constipationinchildren/Pages/allcontent.aspx. Accessed July 8, 2016.
- Kuizenga-Wessel S, et al. Functional constipation and incontinence. In: Pediatric Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 8, 2016.
- Sood MR. Functional constipation in infants and children: Clinical features and differential diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 8, 2016.
- Constipation in children. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/pediatrics/symptoms-in-infants-and-children/constipation-in-children. Accessed July 8, 2016.
- Sood MR. Prevention and treatment of acute constipation in infants and children. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 8, 2016.
- Davis JL. Identifying underlying emotional instability and utilizing a combined intervention in the treatment of childhood constipation and encopresis: A case report. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 2016;22:489.
- Constipation. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://www.naturaldatabase.com. Accessed July 12, 2016.
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2015-2020. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. http://health.gov/dietaryguidelines/2015/guidelines/. Accessed July 21, 2016.