Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
April 11, 2017
- What is bronchitis? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/brnchi. Accessed Jan. 9, 2017.
- Goldman L, et al. Acute bronchitis and tracheitis. Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 25th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 9, 2017.
- Bronchitis (chest cold). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/getsmart/community/for-patients/common-illnesses/bronchitis.html. Accessed Jan. 9, 2017.
- Ferri FF. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2017. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 9, 2017.
- AskMayoExpert. Chronic cough. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Stoller JK, et al. Management of infection in acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 9, 2017.
- Tintinalli JE, et al. Acute bronchitis and upper respiratory tract infections. In: Tintinalli's Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensive Study Guide. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw Hill Companies; 2016. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed Jan. 9, 2017.
- Acute bronchitis. American Lung Association. http://www.lung.org/lung-health-and-diseases/lung-disease-lookup/acute-bronchitis/learn-about-acute-bronchitis.html. Accessed Jan. 9, 2017.
- Gautret P, et al. Travel-associated illness in older adults (>60 y). Journal of Travel Medicine. 2012;19:169.
- Antibiotics aren't always the answer. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/features/getsmart/. Accessed Jan. 9, 2017.
- Harris AM, et al. Appropriate antibiotic use for acute respiratory tract infection in adults: Advice for high-value care from the American College of Physicians and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Annals of Internal Medicine. 201;164:425.
- Jong EC, et al. Travel with chronic medical conditions. In: Travel and Tropical Medicine Manual.4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier, 2008.
- Fishwick D, et al. Occupational chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: A standard of care. Occupational Medicine. 2015;65:270.
- Use and care of home humidifiers. Environmental Protection Agency. https://www.epa.gov/indoor-air-quality-iaq/indoor-air-facts-no-8-use-and-care-home-humidifiers. Accessed Jan. 10, 2017.