Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Sick to your stomach? Nausea and vomiting usually pass quickly but sometimes result from long-term or serious conditions.
Tests and diagnosis
Jan. 03, 2018
- Leder K, et al. Blastocystis species. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 31, 2015.
- Longo DL, et al., eds. Protozoal infections. In: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 19th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2015. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed Oct. 31, 2015.
- Turkeltaub JA, et al. The intestinal protozoa: Emerging impact on global health and development. Current Opinion in Gastroenterology. 2015;31:38.
- Feldman M, et al. Intestinal protozoa. In: Sleisenger and Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 31, 2015.
- Oral rehydration solutions: Made at home. Rehydration Project. http://rehydrate.org/solutions/homemade.htm. Accessed Nov. 1, 2015.
- Food and water safety. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/page/food-water-safety. Accessed Nov. 1, 2015.
- Backer HD. Water disinfection for travelers. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/yellowbook/2016/the-pre-travel-consultation/water-disinfection-for-travelers. Accessed Nov. 1, 2015.
- Watson JC, et al. Food and water precautions. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/yellowbook/2016/the-pre-travel-consultation/food-water-precautions. Accessed Nov. 1, 2015.
- Handwashing: Clean hands save lives. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-how-handwashing.html. Accessed Nov. 1, 2015.
Blastocystis hominis infection