Tests and diagnosis
Itching, sneezing and swelling: Find out what's causing your allergy symptoms.
Treatments and drugs
Aug. 10, 2017
- Freeman T. Bee, yellowjacket, wasp and hymenoptera stings: Reaction types and acute management. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 18, 2016.
- Stinging insect allergy. American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. Accessed July 18, 2016.
- Simons FER. Anaphylaxis. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2010;125:S161.
- Bites and stings. American College of Emergency Physicians. http://www.emergencycareforyou.org/Emergency-101/Emergencies-A-Z/Bites-and-Stings/. Accessed July 18, 2016.
- Marx JA, et al., eds. Venomous animal injuries. In: Rosen's Emergency Medicine: Concepts and Clinical Practice. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 18, 2016.
- Campbell RL, et al. Anaphylaxis: Emergency treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 18, 2016.
- Golden DBK. Stinging insect allergy. American Family Physician. 2003;67:2541.
- Casale TB, et al. Hymenoptera-sting hypersensitivity. New England Journal of Medicine. 2014;370:1432.