Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Tests and diagnosis
Treatments and drugs
Stem cells are under study to treat diverse conditions from blood cancers to Parkinson's and heart failure. Researchers have uncovered some potential new sources that offer additional opportunities for developing regenerative solutions.
Nov. 24, 2016
- Goldman L, et al., eds. Aplastic anemia and related bone marrow failure states. In: Goldman-Cecil Medicine. 25th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 18, 2016.
- McPherson RA, et al. Erythrocytic disorders. In: Henry's Clinical Diagnosis and Management by Laboratory Methods. 23rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 18, 2016.
- The Aplastic Anemia and MDS International Foundation. Aplastic anemia. http://www.aamds.org/diseases/aplastic-anemia. Accessed Sept. 18, 2016.
- Ferri FF. Anemia, aplastic. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2017. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 18, 2016.
- Schrier S. Aplastic anemia: Pathogenesis; clinical manifestations; and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 18, 2016.
- Schrier S. Treatment of aplastic anemia in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home.Accessed Sept. 18, 2016.
- Ask Mayo Expert. Aplastic anemia. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Aplastic anemia. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/hematology-and-oncology/anemias-caused-by-deficient-erythropoiesis/aplastic-anemia. Accessed Sept. 18, 2016.
- Negrin RS. Hematopoietic cell transplantation for aplastic anemia in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 18, 2016.
- Lichtman MA, et al. Aplastic Anemia: Acquired and Inherited. In: Williams Hematology. 9th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2016. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=1581§ionid=94301148. Accessed Sept. 18, 2016.
- Aplastic anemia. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/aplastic. Accessed Sept. 18, 2016.
- Mesa RA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 22, 2016.