Lifestyle and home remedies
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
Treatments and drugs
Jan. 06, 2018
- Feldman M, et al. Diseases of the anorectum. In: Sleisenger and Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 17, 2015.
- Anal fissure. American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons. https://www.fascrs.org/patients/disease-condition/anal-fissure-expanded-information. Accessed Sept. 17, 2015.
- Wald A, et al. ACG Clinical Guideline: Management of benign anorectal disorders. American Journal of Gastroenterology. 2014; 109:1141.
- Perry WB, et al. Practice parameters for the management of anal fissures (3rd revision). Diseases of the Colon & Rectum. 2010; 53:1110.
- Nelson RL, et al. Non surgical therapy for anal fissure. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD003431.pub3/abstract. Accessed Sept. 17, 2015.
- Breen E, et al. Anal fissure: Clinical manifestations, diagnosis, prevention. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 17, 2015.
- Breen E, et al. Anal fissure: Medical and surgical management. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 17, 2015.
- Cook AJ. AllScripts EPSi. Rochester, Minn. July 15, 2015.