Mayo Clinic researchers studying blood and bone marrow cancers work within the Hematologic Malignancies Program.
Cancer research is conducted in coordination with the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center. The Mayo Clinic Cancer Center receives funding from the National Cancer Institute and is designated as a comprehensive cancer center — recognition for an institution's scientific excellence and multidisciplinary resources focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
- Kebede H. Begna, M.D.
- Michelle A. Elliott, M.D.
- William J. Hogan, M.B., B.Ch.
- C Christopher C. Hook, M.D.
- Scott H. Kaufmann, M.D., Ph.D.
- Jose F. Leis, M.D., Ph.D.
- Mark R. Litzow, M.D.
- Ruben A. Mesa, M.D.
- Animesh Pardanani, MBBS, Ph.D.
- Rajiv K. Pruthi, MBBS
- Candido E. Rivera, M.D.
- Vivek Roy, M.D.
- James L. Slack, M.D.
- Ayalew Tefferi, M.D.
- Han W. Tun, M.D.
- Alexandra P. Wolanskyj, M.D.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on acute myelogenous leukemia on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Sept. 12, 2015
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Acute leukemias in adults. In: Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 18, 2015.
- Hoffman R, et al. Clinical manifestations and treatment of acute myelogenous leukemia. In: Hematology: Basic Principles and Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 18, 2015.
- Adult acute myeloid leukemia treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/types/leukemia/patient/adult-aml-treatment-pdq. Accessed May 21, 2015.
- Leukemia — acute myeloid — AML. Cancer.Net. http://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/leukemia-acute-myeloid-aml/view-all. Accessed May 21, 2015.
- Integrative medicine & complementary and alternative therapies as part of blood cancer care. Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. http://www.lls.org/#/resourcecenter/freeeducationmaterials/treatment/integrativemedandcam. Accessed March 18, 2015.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 18, 2015.