Mayo Clinic fosters an environment where scientific expertise is combined with clinical insights to create solutions for unmet patient needs. The unrelenting focus of our clinician-researchers and scientists results in improvements in the diagnosis and treatment of neurological conditions. Examples of successes that improve people's lives include:
- Advancing understanding of Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative diseases
- Developing new approaches to immunotherapy for a brain tumor called glioblastoma
- Advancing understanding of the complex condition arteriovenous malformation
- Leading a National Institutes of Health study on Lewy body dementia
- Developing an epilepsy treatment model that focuses on whole-person care
- Advancing testing for sports-related concussion
- Preserving vision and easing headaches
- Redefining stroke care by developing a balloon-guided catheter to extract clots
Mayo Clinic has an extensive effort in neurology research, spanning numerous centers, programs and labs across its campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Our clinician-researchers and scientists collaborate with colleagues worldwide, contributing to advances in medicine that improve neurological care for people everywhere.
Research labs and focus areas
Explore research labs and neurology focus areas.
Research centers and programs