To request an appointment with a physician in Nephrology & Hypertension, call the Central Appointment Office at
904-953-0853 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern time Monday through Friday.
For appointments and information concerning the Kidney and Pancreas Transplantation Program, call 904-296-9075.
Request an appointment at Mayo Clinic in Florida using our online appointment form:
- U.S. Patients
- International Patients
Chronic Kidney Disease Clinic
The Chronic Kidney Disease Clinic aims to improve the care of patients with kidney disorders through:
- Detecting chronic kidney disease early
- Intervening to slow the progression of kidney disease
- Preventing complications of uremia, a toxic condition associated with chronic kidney malfunction
- Managing coexisting disease
- Preparing for dialysis or kidney transplantation
The staff of the Chronic Kidney Disease Clinic take a standardized approach to care to help people prepare for dialysis or kidney transplantation, if those treatments become necessary.
A team of providers, including a physician, advanced registered nurse practitioners and dietitians, share the responsibility of helping patients meet treatment goals. Team members work together to make patient visits efficient and complete. Other specialists, such as vascular surgeons or transplant doctors, are consulted as needed.