The Men's Health Center at Mayo Clinic's Rochester, Minnesota, campus provides world-class, state-of-the-art services in the area of men's health. The center addresses andrology issues through team-based, convenience-centered care. Mayo providers are internationally recognized and lecture frequently on topics of penile implants, treatment of penile curvature (Peyronie's disease) and male infertility (including vasectomy reversal).
Conditions treated include:
The Men's Health Center offers:
Extensive experience with men's health-related procedures
- More than a thousand men have received penile implants at Mayo Clinic. The center's approach focuses on minimizing any postoperative pain.
- More than 2,000 men have been treated by injection for Peyronie's disease at Mayo Clinic, among the highest volume in the country.
- On average, the center performs vasectomy reversals for roughly two men each week.
- Offers office-based surgical procedures, including office-based vasoepididymostomy
- Developed a penile traction device to address Peyronie's disease
Office-based therapies to provide patient convenience and reduce costs
- Adult circumcision
- Penile incision and grafting
- Penile mass excision
- Penile plication
- Sperm cryopreservation
- Testicular implant
- Transurethral RF thermal therapy (for BPH)
- Vasectomy reversal
Mayo Clinic Men's Health Moment series
- Doctors within the Men's Health Center are active members of the American Urological Association (AUA), North Central Section, and the Sexual Medicine Society of North America, publishing more than 200 peer-reviewed scientific articles, book chapters and scientific abstracts.
- Doctors within the center have presented both locally and nationally on a range of topics including erectile dysfunction, low testosterone, BPH, surgical education and penile prostheses.
- A Men's Health Center physician co-edited two recent textbooks, one a clinical guide on erectile dysfunction treatment and the other a medical teaching and academic development guide.
- A center physician was nominated for the AUA Golden Cystoscope Award by the North Central Section in both 2015 and 2016 and has received multiple awards and recognition for research and teaching excellence.
- A center physician also serves as a physician trainer for penile prosthesis surgery both in the United States and in Europe.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked No. 1 for urology in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals in the nation for urology by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for urology.
Research: Active clinical studies
This group is active in clinical studies related to men's health issues. Current areas of research include:
All appointments are made via referral. We strive to offer same-day appointments and next-day surgery and reply to all provider email questions within 24 hours.
To refer a patient:
Call 507-284-3983, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Central time, Monday through Friday.
You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After hours, please contact the Referring Provider Office at 877-603-2101 (toll-free), 24 hours a day, seven days a week.