Mayo Clinic doctors conduct dozens of clinical studies every year to learn which treatments work, and they share that information with their patients and colleagues.
By identifying effective therapies and bringing them into clinical practice, doctors in Integrative Medicine and Health help Mayo Clinic maintain its leadership position in providing excellent health care — mind, body and spirit.
Highlights of Mayo Clinic's many integrative medicine research projects include:
- Evaluating how light, sound and air quality affect indoor wellness, a collaboration between Delos and Mayo Clinic called the Well Living Lab
- Using integrative medicine therapies for people with fibromyalgia
- Assessing the benefits of massage therapy for people undergoing medical treatment
Read more about Mayo Clinic research in integrative medicine and health.
- Brent A. Bauer, M.D.
- Larry R. Bergstrom, M.D.
- Anjali Bhagra, M.B.B.S.
- Tony Y. Chon, M.D.
- Kevin C. Fleming, M.D.
- Nina M. Schwenk, M.D.
- Jeffrey M. Thompson, M.D.
- Jon C. Tilburt, M.D.
- Dietlind Wahner-Roedler, M.D.
- Integrative Medicine and Health Research Program
- Mindful breathing