To refer a patient:
Contact the Referring Physician Service at 866-629-6362 (toll-free) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Contact the Referring Physician Service at 800-634-1417 (toll-free) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Contact the Division of Cardiovascular Diseases Appointment Office at 800-471-1727 (toll-free) from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central time, Monday through Friday. After business hours, contact the Referring Physician Service at 800-533-1564 (toll-free).
Mayo Clinic cardiologists are happy to discuss possible referrals with physicians and their staffs outside of Mayo Clinic. A physician may call 855-Mayo-HRT (855-629-6478, toll-free) to speak directly with a cardiologist for specific cardiology questions or to discuss a patient's history before making a referral.
Cardiologists generally can see most patients within two weeks after the appointment request, and often cardiologists can see patients within a week or less after the appointment request. Patients with urgent issues can usually be seen within 24 hours after their requests. In emergencies, patients are directly transferred to inpatient hospital care.
Cardiovascular Education Offerings Course Catalog 2017
Cardiology, Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery Staff and Services Directory
A Tradition of Leadership and Service: Cardiovascular Diseases, Cardiovascular Surgery, Pediatric Cardiology
Mayo Clinic Heart Care
Medical Professionals Videos
Continuous professional development
Mayo Clinic offers continuous professional development courses in a learner-centered interactive format. Mayo Clinic courses are delivered by faculty who are renowned in their field and passionate about education. Participation in Mayo Clinic continuous professional development courses offers timely evidence-based practices that can be implemented immediately.
- Cardiology, Adult Congenital Heart Disease Fellowship (Minnesota)
- Cardiology, Advanced Adult Fellowship (Minnesota)
- Cardiology, Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology Fellowship (Florida)
- Cardiology, Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology Fellowship (Minnesota)
- Cardiology, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellowship (Arizona)
- Cardiology, Echocardiology Fellowship (Arizona)
- Cardiology, Echocardiology Fellowship (Minnesota)
- Cardiology, Interventional Fellowship (Minnesota)
- Cardiology, Preventive Fellowship (Minnesota)
- Cardiology, Vascular Medicine Fellowship (Minnesota)
- Cardiovascular Diseases Fellowship (Arizona)
- Cardiovascular Diseases Fellowship (Florida)
- Cardiovascular Diseases Fellowship (Minnesota)
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellowship (Minnesota)
May 11, 2017
- Chihak BJ. HR- Workforce Research & Analytics. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 16, 2015.
- U.S. News Best Hospitals 2014-15. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings. Accessed Dec. 29, 2014.
- Graff SK. Financial Accounting Services. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 20, 2015.
- Mayo Clinic Children's Center becomes first accredited pediatric heart failure institute in Minnesota and fourth in the nation. PressReleaseHeadlines.com. http://pressreleaseheadlines.com/mayo-clinic-childrens-center-accredited-pediatric-heart-failure-institute-minnesota-fourth-nation-174647. Accessed Jan. 27, 2015.
- Doctors name America's top residency programs. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/health-news/top-doctors/articles/2014/02/20/doctors-name-americas-top-residency-programs. Accessed Jan. 27, 2015.
- IAC echocardiography accredited facilities. Intersocietal Accreditation Commission. http://www.intersocietal.org/echo/main/lab_list.htm. Accessed Jan. 27, 2015.
- CAAHEP accredited program search. Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. http://www.caahep.org/Find-An-Accredited-Program/. Accessed Jan. 27, 2015.