Patients with cancer have important questions about the disease and its treatments. Volunteers help them find the answers among the wealth of information available in books, brochures, videos, Web sites and special classes. Volunteers also assist with stocking and assembling patient information. A few trained volunteers co-facilitate cancer support groups.
- Self-motivated, resourceful and able to handle diversified tasks
- Effective communicator capable of offering empathy to cancer patients and visitors
- Familiarity with computers, audiovisual and photocopy equipment
- Some knowledge about cancer treatments and resources for cancer patients within Mayo Clinic and Hope Lodge
- Cooperative attitude toward Cancer Education Center staff
- Ability to lift small boxes (up to 20 pounds)
Volunteer Group – Mayo Clinic Volunteer Services